Thai style Black Sticky Rice with coconut milk and fresh banana
We found a lovely Thai vegan restaurant in Chiang Mai called Morning Glo
ry. I went everyday for their black sticky rice with coconut milk, mango and banana. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, really doesn’t matter it works for every meal. I loved the recipe so much I took a cooking class with the chef so I could make it again and again!
Now I can make black sticky rice whenever my heart desires and I hope you can too!
- Black rice and white rice
- Coconut milk
- Honey optional
- Mango You can use one or the other when it comes to the fruits, or both if you want to completely go for it!
Soak 2 cups of rice, you can do half/half black and white or just black or just white. For our recipe, we did all black. For black rice you need to soak overnight at least 5 hours.
Take your pre-soaked rice and steam it in a bamboo basket, or cook it in a rice cooker with 2:1 water ratio, for 15-20 minutes
In a wok boil 1 cup of coconut milk
Add sugar to taste and a pinch of salt
Once hot, put half the coconut milk in a bowl and put to the side. You will use this later to drizzle on top of the rice
Add sticky rice to the wok and warm it up, constantly stirring till it thickens. You’re finished!
Serve. Prepare a plate with your sliced fruit, sticky rice, and drizzle the side of coconut milk on top. You can add extra honey if you’re really indulging!
Latest posts by Sasha (see all)
- 25 Photos to Inspire You to Visit Malta - September 24, 2017
- Don’t Miss Ġenna ta’ Ġonna 2017 | Malta’s Crypts, Mummies and Underground Railroad - September 24, 2017
- Hidden Sliema: Back Street Shops & Cafés - August 25, 2017